Fennel and lemon is a classic combination that works exceptionally well in this simple spaghetti recipe. The fennel seeds add a sweet, licorice-like flavor to the spaghetti that is balanced out by the bright acidity of the lemon. This dish comes together in just 20 minutes, making it a great option for a quick weeknight meal.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 4 people
- 8 ounces (250 grams) spaghetti
1 tablespoon organic fennel seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the spaghetti. Cook according to package instructions until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a small, dry pan over medium heat, toast the fennel seeds for a few minutes until fragrant. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a separate pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add the toasted fennel seeds, chicken broth, white wine, and lemon juice to the pan. Bring the mixture to a boil and let it cook for 5 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Drain the cooked spaghetti and add it to the pan with the fennel seed mixture. Toss the spaghetti until it is evenly coated in the sauce.
- Serve the fennel and lemon spaghetti hot, garnished with chopped parsley, salt, and pepper to taste.
Fennel and lemon are a match made in heaven in this easy and flavorful spaghetti dish. The thinly sliced fennel adds a subtle licorice flavor and a crunchy texture, while the lemon zest and juice add a bright and refreshing pop of flavor. Serve this pasta with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and a side of garlic bread for a complete and satisfying meal. This recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or a casual dinner party with friends. Give it a try and discover a new favorite way to enjoy spaghetti.