This easy and flavorful teff grain bowl is a nourishing and satisfying meal that is perfect for any occasion. The organic teff grain is combined with a variety of roasted vegetables and a simple vinaigrette dressing for a delicious and nourishing bowl that is sure to impress.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Serves: 4 people
1 cup organic teff grain
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, mint, or basil)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Rinse the teff grain in a fine-mesh strainer under cold water.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water and salt to a boil. Add the teff grain and reduce the heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, or until the teff grain is tender and the water has been absorbed.
- Fluff the teff grain with a fork and set it aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss the sweet potato, zucchini, and bell pepper with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread the vegetables on a large baking sheet and roast them in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until they are tender and golden brown.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar and Dijon mustard.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked teff grain, roasted vegetables, and dressing. Toss to combine.
- Serve the teff grain bowl hot, garnished with the chopped herbs.
This recipe makes 4 servings.
This organic teff grain bowl with roasted vegetables is a simple and satisfying meal that is packed with nutrients. It's perfect for a quick and easy lunch or dinner, and it can be customized to your liking by adding your favorite vegetables and other ingredients. Give it a try and see how delicious and nourishing teff grain can be!