Millet is a nutritious and versatile grain that is perfect for a variety of dishes. It's a gluten-free grain that is a good source of protein, fiber, and other nutrients. In this recipe, we'll be using organic millet to create a flavorful and satisfying pilaf that is perfect as a side dish or a main course. The millet is combined with a mix of colorful vegetables, herbs, and a simple vinaigrette dressing for a delicious and nourishing pilaf.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4 people
To make this organic millet pilaf, you will need the following ingredients:
1 cup organic millet
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, mint, or basil)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the millet in a fine-mesh strainer under cold water.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water and salt to a boil. Add the millet and reduce the heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, or until the millet is tender and the water has been absorbed.
- Fluff the millet with a fork and set it aside.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, and carrot and sauté for 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, herbs, and cooked millet to the pan with the vegetables.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar and Dijon mustard. Pour the dressing over the millet and vegetables and toss to combine.
- Season the pilaf with salt and pepper to taste. Serve the millet pilaf hot, garnished with some additional herbs and a drizzle of olive oil.
This recipe makes 4 servings.
This organic millet pilaf is a flavorful and nutritious side dish that is perfect for any occasion. It's easy to make and can be customized to your liking by adding your favorite vegetables, herbs, and other ingredients. Give it a try and see how delicious and nourishing millet can be!