Oatmeal cookies are a classic and delicious snack that is perfect for satisfying sweet cravings while providing some added nutrition. In this recipe, we'll be adding sun dried apricots to the cookies to add a touch of natural sweetness and a burst of flavor. These oatmeal cookies with apricots are easy to make and are a great option for a quick breakfast or snack on the go.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 10-12 minutes per batch
- Serves: 3 dozens cookies depending on size
To make oatmeal cookies with apricots, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup dried apricots, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars together until well combined. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until well combined.
- Stir in the oats and apricots.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until they are lightly golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
This recipe makes about 3 dozen cookies, depending on the size of the cookies.