This dried apricot and almond cake is a delicious and moist dessert that is perfect for any occasion. The combination of sweet and slightly tart dried apricots with crunchy almonds and a hint of almond extract creates a unique and flavorful cake that is sure to be a hit with your friends and family.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 35-40 minutes
- Serves: 8 people
To make a dried apricot and almond cake, you will need the following ingredients:
1 cup dried apricots, chopped
1/2 cup blanched almonds, chopped
1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the chopped apricots and almonds. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the almond extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture in two parts, alternating with the milk. Mix until just combined.
- Stir in the apricot and almond mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top.
- Bake the cake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.