Organic Sun Dried Diced Tomatoes Halves
How to rehydrate sun dried tomatoes?
Start by rinsing them under running water to get rid of any excess salt that may have been used to preserve them in the first place.
Then, put the sundried tomatoes in a pot with enough water to cover. Cook on high until they come to a boil then turn off. Let steep until they are cool and fully rehydrated. Drain, then pat dry.
You can potentially do this process using a microwave as well.
Sun Dried Diced Tomatoes
Sun Dried Diced Tomatoes originate from the mediterranean. They were harvested and dried on rooftops, then preserved in oil so that they could be used throughout the year. The drying process brings out a beautiful intense, sweet and tart flavour in the tomatoes.
- POTENT ANTIOXIDANTS: Sun dried tomatoes are packed with vitamins C, A, and lutein.
- IRON BOOST: Food To Live Organic Sun Dried Tomatoes are rich in iron, as well as magnesium.
- Sun Dried Diced Tomatoes are pretty versatile, they can be added to a soup, stew, pasta sauce, or in salads, on a pizza, or eaten straight from the pack just as they are.
- For those of you who don’t like to eat tomatoes, try these – they don’t taste like tomatoes at all!
- For a delicious and quick meal simply toss some sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, mushrooms, and basil over some fettuccine pasta. Or if you prefer to make a sauce for your pasta instead, just blitz some sun-dried tomatoes with olive oil, garlic, parmesan, fresh basil, and seasoning.
- If you want to use sun dried tomatoes in place of tomatoes in cooking, then just rehydrate them by rinsing under running water to get rid of any excess salt (used to preserve them), pop them in a pan with just enough water to cover and bring to a boil. Turn off the heat and let them sit until they are cool and fully rehydrated. Drain and pat dry.
Organic Sun Dried Tomatoes
Packed on premises that handles nuts, seeds, cereals, soya & products containing gluten.
Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight and strong odours for up to 12 months. See best before date.
Organic Sun Dried Diced Tomatoes Halves by Thames Organic Ltd. Organically grown in Turkey. Packed in the UK. Produced to the highest standards.
Thames Organic's products are certified as organic by the UK's Soil Association
(Soil Association licence no. DA30314).